Sunday, June 5, 2011

Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter, caring deeds, wonderful stories and Love

On Friday it was Grandparents day at the school. Ulrich and Anya were very excited because for the first time all their grandparents would be there watching them perform their poems and songs. Anya was too shy to say an individual poem, but not Ulrich - he said his poem courageously in front of all those strange faces - I am very proud of you, my boy, you said your poem slowly and clearly and you remembered all the words! Well done! Here is the poem Ulrich recited for us:

TREES
by Harry Behn

Trees are the kindest things I know,
They do no harm, they simply grow

And spread a shade for sleepy cows,
And gather birds among their boughs.

They give us fruit in leaves above,
And wood to make our houses of,

And leaves to burn on Halloween,
And in the Spring new buds of green.

They are the first when day's begun
To touch the beams of morning sun,

They are the last to hold the light
When evening changes into night,

And when a moon floats on the sky
They hum a drowsy lullaby
Of sleepy children long ago. . .
Trees are the kindest things I know.

Anya sang in the Dinky Choir, which she absolutely loves. Put on music and in no time our little madam will be dancing and singing her heart out. She keeps telling me that she wants to be a rock star when she grows up. Should I be worried?
Ulrich, Erin and Anya with my parents - this is the first photo I have with my dad
and his grandchildren - just love it

No comments:

Post a Comment