Sunday, April 24, 2011

The kitchen is the heart of the home

Just finished baking Muesli Muffins found in the Eating for Sustained Energy 3 cookbook. I've had this book in my cookbook rack for a while now and finally decided it was time to brush off the dust and put it to use. I love the "freshly baked" smell in my kitchen that seems to drift throughout the house creating that warm country home feeling.
Today was quite a nice Easter, which is a surprise as most celebrations have not been enjoyable since Michael's been away - things are just not the same without him. I have calculated that he has been in Sudan for exacting 252 days and I cannot believe that we have survived that long apart from each other. One of the mom's at school told me that I do not have a proper marriage [people can be so insensitive sometimes] and in some ways she is right, but when it comes down to what makes a proper marriage Michael and I do have the two main ingredients - love and commitment - and thankfully time has not robbed us of these two things. So to that insensitive mom - yes, I may not have the traditional marriage, but yet it is still flop proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment